Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One year....never forgotten

It's hard to believe tomorrow marks one day since I lost my Dad here on earth. I know he is in heaven with my mom and for that I am eternally grateful, I will get to see him again. However, there is so much he has missed and I have missed sharing with him. I so wish I could call and talk to him. I still have the last voicemail he ever sent me. I haven't even erased him from my phone contacts.

I finally got the guts to do all the things he had been on me to do - quit smoking - lose weight - exercise - Dad  - do you know? I have 4 beautiful grandchildren - he only got to see 2. Mom never got to meet any of them - that makes me so sad - she was an awesome mother and grandmother.

As I got older  - my parents became my n=best friends. There was rarely a day I did not talk to them. So tonight I am sad - very sad - because I miss them.

I am thankful to them for all the things they taught me - to work hard, to never give up, to have faith, to be honest, to smile through adversity> But most of all they taught me the importance of family!!

Dad - you were my hero, you were my rock, I love you more than words can ever say! I cherish every last moment we spent together and am so grateful  we had that time. I wish we had gotten more. but thanks to Calvary - I will be reunited with you and Mom. But just so you know - time may go by - but you are always in my heart and mind.

All my love - Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment