Wednesday, March 14, 2012

God's Infinite Wisdom

The last couple of days have reminded me just how powerful our God is. He is wiser than the wisest and greater than the greatest. My youngest daughter gave birth on Tuesday to a beautiful baby girl. We love her dearly. She had decided at the start of the pregnancy not to keep the baby. She has faced a lot of personal problems the last 2 years and is just getting her life back on track. She knew that for her and her almost 2 year old...keeping the baby was not an option.

A friend of hers had a couple who had adopted a little girl two year ago...they were interested. We thought it was perfect...God knew better. That family was able to adopt a full sibling to their daughter. My daughter's world seemed to spin. Her step-mom felt led to call a friend who has has trouble having a second child. They were interested. The home study went through without any difficulty. The father did not consent - but did not contest. The baby was a girl - she told me yesterday her son had been praying specifically for a sister.

I watched as my daughter struggled through horrible pain...the baby was stuck - hotting her pelvis - anesthesia could do nothing. I sat in the labor room with the adoptive mother and found out we were in the youth group together. i just didn't recognize her after all these years. I saw the adoptive mom watch in awe and wonder as her daughter was brought into this world. I watched as she cut the cord. I watched my daughter cry...knowing what was coming and in joy over the gift she just gave. I could feel God's amazing spirit in the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cried a little saying good bye to my 4th grandchild today...but I know in God's infinite wisdom - she will be well taken care of, loved and nurtured for the rest of her life. It is an open adoption and we will get to see her grow through pictures etc...

But most amazing is God;s love, grace and wisdom to take what many would call a mistake and turn it into a beautiful amazing experience.

Please pray for my daughter - although she is comfortable with her decision - 100% - it is never easy to give away a child. Pray for comfort and healing!

Here is a picture of my 4th granddaughter and her new Mom!

Romans 8:28

The Message (MSG)
 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment