Friday, March 11, 2011

Sunshine and my Savior

Have you ever wondered why it is so easy on beautiful days like today to feel good?? And why on gloomy days we usually feel gloomy? Well during my recent recovery period after a pretty intensive surgery - I have seen plenty of weather changes and yes - my mood changed right along with it? But if we stop and think about how God created the world - did He not also create those gloomy days? Did He not create the snow...the rain...the thunder and lightning and even the hail? It all has its purpose. He designed it for a reason - the moisture for the grass and flowers, the snow to help the winter wheat - even hail turns into moisture that nourishes plants.

So therefore - shouldn't we as Christians look at the storms in our lives as a chance to get nourishment from our Heavenly Father? He allows us to go through things to get stronger. While we may have questions and doubts about His intentions - and believe me - I have questioned Him many times - He is omniscient - He knows what is going to happen - He knows what we need.

Matthew 17:20 talks about our faith - "Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you." God uses the storms in life to grow our faith. So many times when things are going good - I don't stop and pray as much as I should, I praise like I should. Maybe you are different than me - but I need to learn to worship and praise not only in the storms where my faith is being grown - but in the sunshine - where I should be sharing the great things God has done and is doing!!

sunrises and Sunsets have always been times I have enjoyed the quiet harmony in God's world. I am going to try and focus also on the sunny days He gives us and remember to thank Him for the Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment