Monday, March 28, 2011

Loss

Today I lost the first man I ever loved. My dad, my hero, my friend and so many other things to me died unexpectedly. I am so thankful that I spent all weekend with him and several days last week! The emotiness that fills my heart right now is indescribable. I am in shock. I am sad. My head knows he is in Heaven  - not only with God but also with my mom - whom he has missed so much since she passed almost 5 years ago. They had a love that inspired me - that taught me how a marriage should be. I am glad they are together.
But I am sad for the rest of us - I am selfish today - I want them here with me. I want to laugh with them. I wanted so many times to pick up the phone today and call my dad - it was almost a daily ritual.

I would write more about how I am feeling - but the tears have dried out my eyes. I am exhausted - I feel lost!!

Here is a picture of me and my dad right after my graduation last year - I love you Dad!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Debi for sharing your feelings. I want my daughter to remember me the way you remember your Dad.

    ReplyDelete