Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Grandma's Love

Today I got to visit with Mia. It was an hour - it went by way too fast. I had bought her some new toys and we had fun playing with them. She was missing her nap time and I could tell she was sleepy - but all I wanted to do was play and kiss and cuddle and take pictures. I took lots of pictures. I put a bow on her head - grandma loves bows. But more than anything I told her how much grandma loves her!!! I just wanted to grab her, her car seat and diaper bag and run out of there and take her home where she could be loved on all the time.

Then I saw my daughter...she was crying...which always breaks a mother's heart. she wouldn't take Mia at first because she was so upset. Mia just stared at her and smiled - you could tell she knew that was Mommy and wanted Mommy to get her. It warmed my heart to see them together - when Ashley took her - she just touched her Mommy's face - like - there you are Mommy!!! The other grandma was there too - but Mia cried when she held her once - It is so mean of mean to say - but that was OK with me. She doesn't know them and as much as I am sure she feels some responsibility for her because she is her granddaughter  I do not believe she is a good placement for Mia. That is all I will say because I don't want to talk bad about her.

The I got to come home to my other granddaughter - Anneshia - who is a little two year old charmer. She did not want to go to bed tonight. I had to lay down in her room - I know bad idea - but she just wouldn't settle down. It was my fault - she had pudding for dessert  - not a good idea to mix sugar into a 2 year old who hates to go sleep!! But I love her and her orneriness!!!

So today's blog is dedicated to grandmother's. I used to chuckle when my mom would say - "If I had known how much fun grand kids were...i would have skipped the kids part." Now I understand. My love for these two little girls is enormous. Now I understand why my Grandma Wilcox always opened her doors to us kids - I think before she died all of us grand kids had lived with her - LOL!!

I will do whatever I can to ensure my granddaughters have amazing lives and I am sure I will feel the same way should any more arrive - hopefully not soon. My love for them is overflowing. I am blessed to be their Grandma!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're a WONDERFUL GRANDMOTHER!!! And thos girls love you too!!

    ReplyDelete