Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sometimes you have to let go and let God

Today I heard from my youngest...the one who had her daughter taken from her recently. It was so good to hear her voice and it hurt so much when she cried. But I have to remeber - I cannot fix her. I cannot make her do the necessary changes in her life to get her daughter back. But I can pray and I can pray without ceasing. A very good friend of mine reminded me of a verse that I used to sing when I was younger and it really does apply to this situation.Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6). She also encouraged me to use the Serenity Prayer - and I think it really applies to those of us who have loved ones in situations where we are helpless.

I am reprinting it here - that it may help others.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.


It is time for me to let go and let God handle this situation. He knows far better than I what needs to happen in this situation. He can see what my human eyes can't. I wish I could say I will not worry - and that I won't continue to try and solve it in my head - I am human and a mom!! But I will recite this as my prayer daily and will let go as much as I can - because I believe in the power of an almight God - for he sent himself in human form - Oh What a Savior!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment