Sunday, March 27, 2011

Forgive.... and to pray for HIS WILL

What a wonderful sermon today by Pastor Mark Hoover...and forgivem\ness is something I have struggled with and needed so much to hear this!!! Then Satan attacked. Yes right out of the blue he attacked me and I gave into the anger. I was so angry what this poor girl wrote about me on my blog that i wanted to retaliate. I wanted to write a comment to her blog that would have torn her to shreds. But then I talked to a friend - and she calmed me down - if for no other reason than my response would have hurt her...and I do not want that. The situation I speak of really has little to do directly with me and I guess that is what made me so mad!!! That a person would place comments about me and not even know me. But I did not let Satan win - as Pastor Mark said - I will let God deal with her.

God has been dealing strongly in my life recently and I do not want anything to come between my relationship and his - and that is what unforgiving does - it closes you to heavenly things and I do not want that - no one should. God will not condone sin and talk is cheap. You can't pray for a relationship that is ungodly - it doesn't work like that. Praying for God to fix something that is sin  - won't work. I have been guilty of this before. We have to turn away from the sin to let God work in our lives. We will sin again...and He is faithful to forgive us. he is Holy and Almighty but He is also Just and Good. We can't expect him to just condone our sin because we pray and tell Him to give us what we want - it is all about what HE wants.

Lord knows that I have been guilty of praying for things that I thought I needed - but He can see the big picture. He knows the path that is best for me and I just have to accept that!! So I will turn away from the anger and bitterness I felt today and I will forgive this girl... it is what we are called to do as Christians!!!
I will also pray for God's will to be done in this situation and in my life - HIS WILL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment