Sunday, March 20, 2011

No ones life is a bubble...actions have consequences

Today I hurt...I hurt for a friend and family member. To respect this persons privacy, I choose not to reveal any details This person came into my life in an unexpected and not  so wonderful way - but through the grace of God and many many trials and tribulations - we made it work. Today i heard news that crushed this person and I wasn't sure how to react...I want this person to know they will always be a member of my family!!!

This news has consequences far beyond what I will ever know. It will affect my children and my grandchildren. It affects my friend. It affects the world I live in. So how do you deal with someone who is so selfish to think their actions do not have consequences?? Today's sermon talked about not judging people and believe me - i am trying to not sound judgmental...I just don't get how someone can do the same thing twice in life and not think it will adversely effect other peoples lives??? We do not live in bubbles...the human race is so interconnected that sometimes it is...like the old cotton commercial said - like the fabric of our lives.

The verse Pastor Hoover used this morning -

“Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

Remember - this is God's world - he is in control and He is omniscient - he knows all our deeds - and He will return exactly to us how we deal with others. So the next time you feel selfish and do not care what effect your actions will have on others - remember this verse - I know I will!!!!

1 comment: