Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I know it has been way too long since I wrote anything. Life happens - or we let it happen to us. 2011 was a year of challenges. A LOT of challenges. But here I am on the 2nd day of 2012 - still facing life with my husband at my side, my kids in pretty good shape and 3 grandchildren. I don't usually do the whole resolutions thing - but I have come to the conclusion that I NEED to make some changes in my life.

More to the point - God has shown me I NEED to make some resolutions and changes in my life. The first of which is taking time for myself. This is where this blog will give me that outlet to express my thoughts and feelings. The list goes on from here:
2. Draw closer to God - inwardly and publicly
3. Eat healthier
4. Exercise - yea - I NEED to!!!
5. Laugh a lot
6. Laugh with my husband more - by spending more time just the two of us - so if you know of any babysitters - send them my way!!!
7. Couponing - you will here more about this as the year goes on!

Realizing that that the precious time God has given us here on earth should be LIVED - thus why I changed the name of my blog - My ultimate new year's GOAL is to live, laugh and love. God has blessed me and I plan to enjoy it!!!

Debi

2 comments:

  1. Howdy Debbie!

    I see the theme of 'self-care' in your post. Kristin and I are really learning about 'self-care' too. We realize we can give only out of the overflow of how much we take care of ourselves. We can't give to others if we're worn down to the nubbins! God explicitly tells us this by mandating a day of rest on Sunday. Obviously in our day and age using only Sunday as a day of rest is mostly impractical but I think God's intention is to tell us to make sure we do what we have to do to keep ourselves going so that we can show others His love. This includes our physical, emotional, spiritual and mental selves as well as our marriage relationships.

    We really are being confronted with the need for self-care since we've taken on our new little 'Reptar'. He requires a level of care that our existing self-care regiment was not set up to handle so Kristin and I are planning changes that will allow us to be rejuvinated and give that precious little boy the love and attention he needs! One of our first steps was to sign back up for a Y membership. Even if we just go walk the track and let 'Reptar' have some fun in the Kids Care room it'll be worth it.

    Maybe we can work on encouraging each other in meeting our self-care needs. One thing I know we can do is babysit so please let us know when you need someone!

    ~ Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say a hearty AMEN to everything you said Debi & to what my hubby said too!! And we should totally trade off babysitting so we both can enjoy time with our hubbies! 2011 was definitely a challenging year in the Chadwick household too! So we can definitely encourage each other to make 2012 a much better year! :D

    ReplyDelete