Monday, January 9, 2012

Adventures in couponing

I am by no means an extravagant person. I do not get plastic surgery - although of I could afford it, I would get complete body lipo - ha ha!! I do not live in a fancy house - it is nice, comfy and home. but we live like most Americans - a little above what we should and God has really laid it on my heart this year to work to be more frugal. we have things in our future we would like to do and we would like to do it debt free. I am hoping and praying for a job with my Master's Degree - but in this economy - who knows. We could get second jobs - but in doing so would sacrifice the family and our own time we are trying so hard to carve out.

So, I am couponing. I am not an extreme couponer - by any means. But I am working at finding the best deals and the coupons to go with them. Yesterday was my first shot - and I did pretty well. I saved over 76 dollars. We are laying a stock pile of things we run out of a lot - when you have to RUN to the store - you generally do not save money. I was pleased with the outcome and I feel blessed that god is giving me a way to help provide for my family. It also gives me some needed alone time - there is not much of that in a house with two toddlers.

For years, my Dad would chastise me for not using coupons. Now that he is not here - I am doing it. he was the first person I wanted to call when I got my receipt. Hopefully he knows.

Will you see me on a future episode of Extreme Couponing - NO! But I am happy to do my part to take my family a little further down the road god has set before us!!!

Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment