Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Trust in the Lord...with all your heart

I am a control freak. I am not proud to say it. I just know that one of my strengths is getting things done. I am a problem solver and a doer. However, God has shown me I need to let go of some of the control I crave and let Him lead. I need to trust him.

I used to be a very trusting person. Then I was hurt by people I trusted most - family and in one case - the closest person one can ever have  - a spouse. I vowed never again to let my life control me. I thought I would and could control every situation. I WAS WRONG! While my strengths are admirable - and desirable. No one can control everything - no one but God that is. I was reminded tonight while Tim and I did our marriage devotional that God is always there before us - plotting and fighting our way for us.

The Israelites in Deuteronomy 1:30-31 had to be reminded of this. "The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, 31 and in the wilderness. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.”  Just like I have to be reminded of this.

I hope that you will pray for me that i learn this lesson and can start putting my trust in the Lord - completely! I also ask that you pray as students return tomorrow that I can find a way to show God's love and light to a lot of hurting kids who may not otherwise see the love of God. - This is so difficult in a public school setting - but is one of the reasons I have chosen to be a public school teacher!!

God Bless!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment