Thursday, April 28, 2011

Flowers and memories...

I needed some flower therapy tonight....it is the one thing I know I inherited from my mom and dad. They were excellent gardeners. Dad kept an immaculate yard and mom had a green thumb. Tonight I couldn't help thinking about them as Kari and I planted flowers. I miss them. I miss them so much I still cry every night before I go to bed...it feels so weird to not have parents. It irks me to hear kids complain about their parents all day long when I would give anything to just tell mine that I love them - just one more time.

The other night Ashley was looking at pictures on my laptop when a picture of my dad popped up and Anneshia said PAPA...and I cried ..I am crying now. She loved him and yet she will never remember him. she will not know what an awesome man he was...how he taught me so much about life and living things - so I planted my flowers in honor of my mom and dad...so when I look at each bloom and water each flower - I will add something beautiful to this life like they added beauty to mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment