Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life worth living....

I will no longer take my life for granted. It is amazing to me that Dad was here and I was with him and just 36 hours later he was gone. I have memories - lots and lots of memories - because my parents knew how to live life. My dad had friends... that is one area I have neglected. It is not that I am unfriendly - I just tend to get wrapped up in my own life and career and forget that life is not about working and paying bills and routines - but about LIVING!!!! So I vow to call my friends more often... to plan spontaneous things with my hubby...to go outside and play more with Anneshia...to take a vacation every year...I want to create memories.

There is a line in the song we played at my dad's funeral that goes, "But memory is one gift of God that death can not destroy." So I vow to live my life and share my time God allows me to live on this earth creating memories...I guess I am creating my own bucket list of sorts - I know it sounds morbid - but I really feel the need to kick life into high gear and LIVE.....and LAUGH and LOVE!!!!

1 comment: