Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy

Our pastor has been preaching a series on happiness! It's entitled Run Forrest Run. Thinking back on the movie... I realize just how happy Forrest was! I also realized just how happy I am! A lot has changed in the last year. Is my life perfect...no...but God has helped me overcome so much that I can truly say I am happy. I am happy with the person He is helping me to become. I am happy with the way life is...the good, the bad and the ugly.

Why am I happy...because I know I am no longer in control...I let God take the reins. You see I have always been a fixer...a control freak. And I realized with God's help...that was the reason for my lack of contentment. If I just let go...I would find the happiness He wanted for me. I had a job interview for my dream job...what I went and did my masters for...know what..it's in Gods hands. Pone of my daughters is facing a big difficulty...guess what....He's in control of that too.

I love this! Does this mean I am always worry free...do I not stumble and want to fix things...sure.... But I have a few friends I know I can call and talk to...and they help me get back on track!!!

So here's to happiness!!!!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment