Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On the other side

 I Have had a lot of health issues since Tim and I have been married. 8 of those resulted in surgeries. He has always been there. Always supportive. Always waiting. Yesterday it was his turn. And although the surgery wasn't serious, I got a glimpse of what he has gone through. The feeling of leaving him in someone else's hands. The feeling of ...will he be alright. I prayed, I had friends who prayed. I knew things were going to be okay, but still did not like the feeling of what if.

We talk about living our lives like there is no tomorrow. I have tons of students who live by the motto YOLO ... You only live once.... But do we really treasure our time here on earth? Do we live to make people around us smile? Sod we share the love of God? Do we enjoy the beauty He created?

I have been thinking a lot about life like a garden....am I weeding out the negative stuff to let the flowers bloom? Am I surrounding days elf with positive good soil to help me grow stronger, more vibrant and alive?  Or do I let thorns, rocks and weeds invade my thoughts and contaminate my soil?

To live life to the fullest with the blessings God has bestowed on me....not to want more, but be content with what He has blessed me with. To show Anneshia the beauty of life, to love my husband with all my heart, to treat my friends well...these are the flowers I want o bloom in my garden...what's blooming in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment