Sunday, September 15, 2013

Take the rosé colored glasses off

The last few weeks have been really eye opening. I have started an amazing new job and am working with the most amazing group of kids and teachers. I have spent some great quality time with my family and my life is very happy. Except for one area. I was dropped by some friends. And it hurt. It all started when I did my climb of Pikes Peak instead of another trip. No, it started before that and it hurts.

It hurt to the point that I reverted back to some old eating habits. I am an emotional eater and when I hurt, I eat. I will soon be getting some help for that. These are people I truly thought had become lifetime friends. But apparently, it was a friendship only when I was doing what they wanted and was building for them. What hurts the most is that these were Christian friends. We even went to Bible study together until their beliefs did not match up with ours. I will not put down their beliefs, but I can't sit in a situation when I feel uncomfortable. And that's when the cracks in the relationship began.

I miss the camaraderie. I really miss the support. I do not miss the being judged. I do not miss being told I don't believe if I don't attend a certain event etc... I truly believe 100% in what I was doing. It works, the health side of it. The business side just didn't for us. I realize now I was just meant to be a teacher and its where God wants me to be. My principal told me that the other dy....that he is glad I am there because he can tell students are learning in my class. That's confirmation for me.

So I say goodbye. Goodbye to people that had really ment a lot to me. Goodbye to people that supported me through a tough battle. But I also say hello. Hello to a person who knows what she is capable of and will fight to the end to achieve my goals. Hello to someone who will make sure her friends are never left out. Hello to spending more time with my best friend. And one who will never let pride or the thought of riches distract me from the plan God has for me. I am ready to go on a great adventure.


Debi

2 comments:

  1. Debi, I totally understand what you are saying! Keep on keeping on... don't give up on your dreams! We all are unique and have have great talents to share with the world!

    Love & Light,
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like God's opening a new chapter for you! :)

    ReplyDelete