Saturday, November 30, 2013

Looking in the mirror

Today I felt like a failure. I was sitting in the dressing room with Anneshia...trying on Christmas dresses for her, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and felt like a failure. I have put on a lot of the weight I worked so hard to get off. I even posted on FB that I felt like a failure...and what one person said...combined with the talk tonight at church....made me reflect on. That feeling.

I am focusing on a different part of my life right now. I have little ones who need my time and attention. I have students who need lessons that grow their minds. I have a husband to show love to and a church to serve at. I am not a failure....I am just changing where my focus is.... I spent the last 2 years trying to get skinny, basking in the compliments and being prideful.... Not focusing really on my health. I spent so much time and energy focusing on trying to become a champion and reach a club for big losers that I lost sight of why I was doing it and God let this " failure" happen to remind me of where my focus needs to be.

I will get healthy. I will find wys to balance my life to be able to get some exercise, but it needs to be in balance. There are to many priorities in life right now.... Need to focus on what God lays on my heart and quit being
selfish!!!!! I am not a failure...I am a beautiful, loving, intelligent daughter of the King and no one can take that from me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment